Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dhab Dhab gire waterfall

I had to go to Pune on 28th of june. I was to take the deccan express which is scheduled early morning. I had been told that it was raining pretty heavily in pune and I therefore knew what I can expect on my journey. As soon as I crossed the urban areas , the land occupied by building and constructions were taken up by open green patches. Within half hour the clouds became generous and started off pouring. I did a weird thing to the surprise of the other co-passengers. I wore my raincoat and kept the window open. No one had an objection to it as I was the only person occupying an 6 seater bay. We passed lands that looked like green ribbons with darker green paths in between and also beautiful hillocks. The best part was when we were approaching lonavla and khandala. The complete scenario changed as we approached the tunnels and the ghats. As a child the dark tunnels and the landscapes outside it fascinated me . I remember I used to run here and there in the train trying get a glimpse all the beautiful views which these ravines and hills offered. Though I had an window seat I envied the person sitting at the other end because he was getting to see the best landscapes. It was number of waterfalls, green meadows and thick woods. But envy short lived, as I proved to luckier. Many waterfalls were at close quarters to my window side. There were few massive falls which just made me faint with joy. I was attempting to take pictures but train was fast and I could not have put the camera out in the heavy rain. I passed the beautiful wallpaper scenes. I have totally freaked over these waterfalls. I was so tempted to get off there and just walk along the beautiful path. I was jumping off my seat every now and then with every fall passing. The sky was overcast and showed no intention of stopping the downpour. Finally this journey of paradise was slowly ceasing away with the urbanization coming in. This journey was unforgettable one as I was traveling alone for the first time to that destination and also kept myself awake to feast my eyes with those beautiful landscapes though I was feeling dead sleepy. The tree Acacia arabica was also in full bloom with the beautiful yellow flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Web Site Counter